These rules are a work in progress and will be updated as needed.
- Blog Monkey will not tolerate any discussion, however framed, that involves calling, wishing, praying, or hoping for the death of any person in this country (unless, having been convicted by a jury of their peers, they are on death row). You are certainly free to do that in the privacy of your own home but it will not stand here. If you haven’t guessed, this is a violation of etiquette Blog Monkey considers very grave.
- Please refrain from calling each other idiot, dense, moron, dumbass, blah, blah, blah. Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn’t mean they’re stupid. Misguided maybe, but not an idiot. Heck, they may even be an idiot (not that anyone here is) but this is not the forum to publicly announce it. They usually speak for themselves without any help. And just because someone may support (or not support) a particular politician you find the devil incarnate does not mean they are Satan’s spawn. So please, let’s argue and debate our opinions and points. They may even get heated at times. But let’s not lower ourselves down to the level of Scottish soccer fans.
- The fewer scatological references you use, the happier Blog Monkey is.
- Shannon’s Corollary: The ubiquitous use of “FIFY” has lead to the acronym being placed on the auto-ban list, along with the various vulgar slang names for your naughty parts.
- This is a request, and I’m not invoking Blog Monkey Infallibility, but I would like to ask you all to refrain from linking to any story on infowars.com or prisonplanet.com or any site associated with Alex “Rabies” Jones. I’m not going to delete any links and I will not strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger. I just ask that you don’t link to that maniac. If a story is legitimate there should be multiple sites to choose from. If there are not then it’s probably one of the multitude of conspiracy theories that ooze out of the lyssaviritic brain of Jones.
- Blog Monkey reserves the right to delete, without explanation, any comment or commentor engaging in what the Blog Monkey deems as the author exhibiting symptoms of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder. Hambone is not a treatment center and Blog Monkey is not a liscensed psychiatrist. If you forget to take your meds, maybe you shouldn’t be blogging.